Janae A. Perry-Meier
Janae A. Perry-Meier
Janae Perry-Meier is a business and commercial law attorney focusing on international business. Janae handles both transactional and litigation matters, including: forming your business, drafting your contracts, franchising, business disputes, business divorce, mergers and acquisitions, private placements, securities compliance, and corporate governance. Janae also handles trademark registration, office action responses, and infringement cases.
Prior to joining the firm, Janae gained experience in municipal corporations, family law, trusts and estates, Indian law, corporate and securities, and international law through her work with the following:
- Law Clerk; Law Offices of Donald W. Hudspeth P.C., P.C.; Phoenix, AZ; June 2013-October 2014
- Extern; City of Tempe Attorney’s Office; Tempe, AZ; September 2013-December 2013
- Extern; Stanford Law Office; Phoenix, AZ; January 2013-May 2013
- Corporate & Securities Project Team Assistant; DLA Piper LLP (US); Phoenix, AZ; May 2012-September 2012
- Legal Secretary; Titla & Parsi, PLLC; Scottsdale, AZ; March 2009-August 2011
- Trade Services Intern, Spanish Division; World Trade Center; San Diego, CA; September 2007- May 2008
Education and Honors
Janae graduated with honors from the Arizona Summit Law School, where she was chosen as one of two delegates on the International Program Development Committee, served as the President of the International Law Society, and was an Articles Editor on the Managing Board of the Arizona Summit Law Review. Prior to attending law school, Janae received her bachelor’s degree in business administration with a focus on international business from Point Loma Nazarene University. While in college, Janae studied abroad in Madrid, Spain and spent a semester gaining a comparative, global education on a voyage around the world with Semester at Sea.
- Arizona Summit Law School, Phoenix, AZ
- Juris Doctorate, Cum Laude, May 2014
- Merit Scholarship, Deans List
- Point Loma Nazarene University, San Diego, CA
- Bachelor of Arts in Business Administration, International Business focus, May 2008
- Obama’s Congressional Gamble: The Call for an International Red Line
- Arizona Summit Law Review, April 2014
Professional Affiliations / Associations
- State Bar of Arizona
- Maricopa County Bar Association
- Global Chamber
- Center for Law and Global Affairs at Sandra Day O’Connor College of Law
- American Bar Association Section of International Law
- U.S. Global Leadership Coalition
- World Trade Center San Diego Alumni Network
Dear Ms. Perry-Meier, I wish to acknowledge the professionalism and calm you exhibited in the face of rude insults and provocation during today’s Mediation. I take responsibility for my failure to rein in the inflammatory rhetoric of Mr. Hedrick. During a formal Arbitration, such behavior would have cost Mr. Hedrick’s client some or all of her cause.
Regarding Ms. Clarke’s Bar matter, I am ready, willing and able to provide whatever assistance I may in helping Amie navigate the bureaucratic shoals. Ms. Clarke is a decent, hard-working and capable attorney. Likewise you. Our mutual profession is the better for attorneys such as you and Ms. Clarke. Do NOT allow the rudeness of others to make either of you bitter or “harsh”. Their behavior is their responsibility. Again, what I witnessed today was an eminently professional and competent Counsel refusing to be bullied. I wish you every success. If there is to be a healthy future in the profession of law, it rests with attorneys such as you and Amie.
R. J. S.